Monday 24 September 2012

Cheese Buns

Heaven in a Cheese Bun

One of Juho's complaints is that I make a lot of sweets and not enough savoury things SO I decided to make some Cheese Buns. I've never made them before and to be honest I really don't like making bread and buns  and stuff like that. But I thought hey, I'll give it a try and believe me when I tell you, these buns...they were amazing. Right now the house smells like heaven and it feels like cheesy ecstacy in my mouth. Mmmmm. Yes, I just gobbled one down. So let me give you the recipe so you can try it out and enjoy it as much I am right now!



Ingredients:

1 cup milk
75g of butter, melted
1 packet (11g) dry yeast
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
3 egg yolks
1 cup of grated cheese

Instructions:

1. In a small saucepan, warm the milk. Take it off the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the melted butter and mix well.
3. In a seperate bowl, add and combine the flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and milk. Add the egg yolks and mix well until you have a smooth dough
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a ball. Place the ball into a lightly oiled bowl, brush the top of the ball with oil and cover with a cloth and leave in a damp place for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
6. Take the dough and divide it into 12 equal pieces. With each piece, form into a ball and make a hole in the centre and fill it with the grated cheese. Once filled, pinch the dough so that it covers the whole and forms a whole ball again.
7. Line all your 12 buns on a parchment paper and cover with a cloth and leave to rise again for about 40min.
8. Preheat your oven to 190C / 375F.
9. Once they have risen, bake for 25-30min.

And it's that easy! Ah you have to try it out! and that's that ;)

*runs to grab another one*


Love,
Keshi

2 comments:

  1. Keshia.. me likes! What kind of cheese did u use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tharu! Well I used the normal cheese which we put on sandwiches and you can get at the supermarket(I'm really not an expert on cheese types! Haaa) But I'm sure you could use other kinds which you like :)

      Delete